- Variety: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Syrah , 20% Feteascǎ Neagrǎ
- Appelation: DOC-CT Dealu Mare
- Vintage: 2013
- Yield: 6700 kg/ha Cabernet Sauvignon, 5300 kg/ha Syrah, 5800 kg/ha Feteascǎ Neagrǎ
- Oak aging: 18 months for Cabernet Sauvignon, 12 months for Syrah, 12 months for Feteascǎ Neagrǎ
- Alcohol content (vol%): 13,7
The wine is prepared entirely from grapes of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Feteascǎ Neagrǎ, varieties coming from the Dealu Mare which is the homeland of red wines in Romania, the seventh largest country producer of grapes in the world.
WINE MAKING PROCESS:
After hand-harvesting at an average of 25°Brix, the grapes were desteemed and crushed. The grapes have been fermented by variety in stainless steel vertical fermenters with gentle cap irrigators, for 14-21 days. To extract rich color and soft tannin from the grape skins the fermentation vats were pumped over 5 minutes every 3 hours, daily throughout the fermentation period. Following pressing and malolactic fermentation, the wine was moved to Romanian forest oak barrels, then racked, blended with a personal fingerprint and bottled; it might require decanting with time.
Deep red color, with abundant bouquet of fragrant forest fruits, dark chocolate and spices hints. Three lovely varieties reunited in a complex and well structured wine, with an intense and velvety taste of ripe fruit and marmalade, vanilla and spices on the finish.
It is recommended to be served at 16-18°C, along with spicy lamb dishes, beef or venison.